We are all volunteers at CDUK. Why not join us?
CDUK believe that our fundraising and campaigning work is a partnership between volunteers and trustees. Volunteers make a real, practical difference to the lives of some of the poorest and most dispossessed peoples in the world.
Our Volunteers are important to us!
CDUK is run by experienced and professional people and we are all volunteers. Your gift of time, skills, and experience will be appreciated and you will be welcomed and valued by the organization.
Volunteers help CDUK as individuals or groups by assisting with administration, holding fundraising and public relations events to raise money for our work and by acting as the public face of the organization.
CDUK believe that fundraising and campaigning should be an enjoyable and fulfilling activity, meeting your needs as well as ours and we are constantly evolving our volunteer roles within the organization.
Your Rights & Responsibilities
- You will have your confidentiality respected.
- You will be entitled to reasonable agreed out of pocket expenses.
- You, but not your personal belongings will be covered by our insurance policy when volunteering for CDUK as long as we have been informed and approved of your event and a valid risk assessment has been carried out and received by us prior to the event.
- You will be volunteering for an organization striving to be non-discriminatory and diverse.
- You will be expected to carry out your volunteering within the law and within the organization’s policies and procedures which can be seen here on our website.
- You will be reliable, honest, and mindful of the good name of the organization treating everyone you meet when representing CDUK with courtesy and respect.
- You will not commit yourself to an unmanageable workload.
- You will report back to the organization as required and keep in regular contact with CDUK staff, volunteer coordinator, or trustees as appropriate and agreed.
- You will be given support and training wherever possible and an opportunity to review your role.
(*Will usually involve an informal chat by phone or Skype.)
- To provide potential volunteers with sufficient information on the organization so that they are able to make an informed decision about whether to get further involved.
- To allow applicants and the volunteer manager to discuss suitable roles within the organization and whether they have the requisite time and skills to fulfil their role.
- In the case of Trustee Volunteers, to agree a reviewable 6-month probationary period
- To allow CDUK to apply for references where appropriate as part of the selection process.
- We may request that an individual stops volunteering should the relationship breakdown. The reasons for this will be discussed with the volunteer.
For more information please ring 01341 388649 or write to email@example.com