“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
– M. Ghandi
Raise funds. Have fun. Meet new people. Do something wonderful today!
Giving is not just about making a donation, it is about helping to make a difference. Much of our income comes from donations through fund-raisers like you!
Every donation – no matter how big or small – makes a difference. We have lower overheads by working from home and being volunteers with no huge salaries to pay. Here are just a few examples of what your fundraising efforts could buy:
- £2 buys paper and pencils for a schoolchild living in a shantytown to be able to do homework
- £5 will buy a spade or a hoe for a family to plant food or for a gardener to find work outside the shantytown
- £10 supplies a rural mountain child with basic school equipment s/he needs for a year
- £20 buys 2 fruit trees to provide vitamins for children living in rural mountain schools without proper nourishment.
- £50 buys a bicycle so that a shanty or rural mountain dweller can get to and go and find work
- £200 will set up a kindergarten or library with toys, tables, chairs, books and materials in an area that has nothing like this. Or it will buy two sewing machines for women with HIV to be able to make clothes to sell and make a living
- £500 will buy:
- an industrial sewing machine to teach sewing skills at a project
- a water harvesting tank for a school that currently uses rainwater for handwashing and cooking
- a small herd of goats to help feed undernourished children in a village